If you make one item for your Science Themed party you must make this. The results look so good! The kids at our party thought it was so cool to be eating "germs".
Here is what you'll need
- Petri Dishes (available through our Amazon)
- Jello Mix (Green or blue works best in this case)
- Round Sprinkles
- Baking Sheet
- Clear enough room in your refrigerator to fit a baking sheet.
- Fill the backing sheet with as many bottom halves of the petri dishes as you can.
- Make jello per instructions.
- Pour jello into the petri dishes on the baking sheet. Be careful to not overflow them.
- Place baking sheet in the fridge to let the jello set.
- Once set or set enough so they won't spill, put the lids on the dishes and stack them in your fridge until almost party time.
- Wait until the day of the party to add the sprinkles to the jello and do it as close to party time as possible. If you do it sooner the sprinkles will melt a little and look slimier (as shown in the photo). Of course, that is a good look too!
- Display in a few stacks on a table like they have been left out by a scientist just before guests arrive.
Buy petri dishes now through Amazon: Petri Dish (20 Pack)